You’ve reserved your fishing charter and are almost ready to go. What do you need to take on the journey? Many of the articles we recommend are for protection and comfort while enjoying your St.Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa Bay or Costa Rica inshore or deep sea fishing charters.
Dress for comfort on your fishing charter
Be ready for changing weather conditions during various parts of the day. Layered clothing is a great choice, as mornings are colder and late afternoons are warmer. Always be prepared for the random rain shower that may stroll through. The time of year will also have an impact on your fishing wardrobe. Your charter Captain will will provide you the most recent weather conditions just prior to departure. Be sure to ask!
Protect yourself on your fishing charter
Proper protection from the sun is necessary for an enjoyable day on the water. Protective clothing and adequate sun screening products will keep you safe. The sun’s direct rays, and the sun’s reflection off the water, can be very unforgiving for your skin, even when you are under shade. Think ahead, no sunburns please.
Recommended Items to think about when packing for your inshore or deep-sea fishing charters:
- Non-skid rubber sole shoes are highly recommended
- Dress in light colored clothing as to not retain heat on hot days
- Lightweight micro-fiber long sleeve shirts to protect arms from the sun are ideal
- Take your favorite hat (wide brimmed is the most protection)
- Short shorts when hot, long when cool
- Waterproof windbreaker for possible rain and cool mornings
- Swimsuit, as you never know when you’ll get the urge for a swim
- Polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes, cut the glare and to see fish better
- Sunscreen and lip balm that protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Seasickness medication if you’re prone to seasickness
- Bug spray for inshore fishing by the mangroves
- Hand sanitizer if you don’t want to smell like bait
- Waterproof bag or backpack for your personal items
- Camera or smartphone to take a picture of your big catch
When properly prepared for your fishing charter, you can relax and enjoy the day knowing that you have every angle covered. You can enjoy the day catching a variety of fish on your Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Costa Rica and Clearwater fishing charter including, Tarpon, Snook, Trout, Redfish, Kingfish, Grouper, Snapper, Tuna, Swordfish and Mahi.
Selecting a fishing charter Captain
It’s important to do your homework when it comes time to select on which charter Captain you would like to go fishing with. Do some research to help determine if a charter Captain would be beneifical for your needs. Be sure and read the reviews of any fishing charter you are considering. It’s encouraged not to only go by the rating number, but see what people are actually saying.
If you’re on the market for a Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Costa Rica or Tampa Bay Fishing Charter, be sure and give the crew at YACHTFISH Fishing Charters a call. Our experience with YACHTFISH and Captain Matt Douglas has been second to none. We highly recommend giving them a try. We can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
YACHTFISH Fishing Charters • 795 39th Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33703 • (727) 433-4200